What a magnificent day! We left Edinburgh for a very long drive to Greshornish on the Isle of Skye, and what a drive it was. There are very few roads I've ever seen that rival the splendour of the drive through the Scottish highlands. It seemed that every bend gave rise to yet another stunning vista of snow topped mountains, waterfalls down craggy cliff faces, forest and woodlands, and lochs still enough to reflect the panoramas back at us. I'll admit to a moment of panic when the gps had me turn onto a sheep track (which had actual sheep, and bunnies) for a couple of miles past dilapidated farm houses, before revealing our gorgeous cottage on the edge of a lake.
We settled into our temporary home after buying supplies at a local deli, and the cheeky cottage cat, a little ginger tabby, tried to sneak in with us. Andrew said she wasn't allowed to stay inside (she belongs to the owner) but I got a few cuddles in first. The sitting room has a Steinway in it, so I'll give that a try at a more considerate hour.
It's quite cold here, though not as bad as we thought, so we're toasty warm and watching Outlander to end our day, entirely appropriate given our wonderful setting. It's just so beautiful here, we'll post more photos as soon as we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment